Greenhopper 6 Planning by Assignee

jmusits August 14, 2012

Hopefully I'm just missing something with the planning feature in the new Greenhopper boards.

Typically when we do splrint planning we allocate tasks per assignee as we have different roles in our engineering department (UI, Database, etc). The previous (now classic) planning board allowed you to group by assignee and see how many hours/story points they were allocated for when planning. This seems to have gone away in the new sprint planning board.

It is essential that I am able to get a breakdown of how many hours each of my engineers is allocated for when sprint planning. Are there plans to add this feature back in? If not, I'm not sure how I'll be able to use the new boards.

Everything else about the new boards is great: swimlanes, greatly simplified planning, I really like them. It's just this one feature that is really needed to make them useful for my company.

6 answers

0 votes
Andrew Zoltay
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2014

I'm on the same page with everyone in this thread.
I have a team of 5 peeps with different roles and find it challenging to organize the appropriate number story points when planning a sprint.

Having a feature group by assignee would be very helpful to me and my group.

Has anyone created an issue in jira.atlassian.com?
If so, I'll vote for it! If not, I'll create one.

0 votes
Adam_Latuszek
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 10, 2013

I agree. It would be great help for us too.

0 votes
jmusits May 28, 2013

still nothing on this? with all the updates that have been happening in JIRA lately I'm surprised this isn't on the Roadmap...

0 votes
Deleted user October 20, 2012

This is a must have for our company as well. How can we ensure this functionality is in the next release?

0 votes
David Toussaint _Communardo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 22, 2012

not really an answer, but you might want to have a look at the discussion going on over here: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/80057/how-to-add-stories-in-kanban-rapid-board?page=1#80062

0 votes
Markus Deuling
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 22, 2012

I fully agree with jmusits. We're using the planning board as tool for group discussion and creating storys for components.

For me this is a MUST-HAVE feature. Please put it back to mainline !

Suggest an answer