Funky Display After Upgrade to 5.5

Chris Lehan May 11, 2014

After an upgrade to version 5.5, the background does not refresh properly (it should be white but stays dark gray in parts or all of the page). Also, the drop down menu by my user name does not display; it is all white until I hover over a selection.

3 answers

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2014

Hi Chris,

Could you clarify which Atlassian product is showing this behavior (Jira/Confluence)?

Also, from which version have you upgraded?

This issues usually are related to customizations. Please check if there's any customization code (usually CSS and HTML) that might be affeting your instance.

Chris Lehan May 12, 2014

Hi Bruna,

Yes, Confluence (from version 4.3 to version 5.5).

Also, I have since experienced three issues:

1. When logged in as "Admin" any page I navigate to will first appear with a gray backround and then refresh to a white one.

2. When logged in as a normal user, the background stays gray and never refreshes to white. (The first issue is a lesser one but neither should occur.)

3. When logged in as Admin or a user, the header at the top of each page does not display correctly; it is garbled, out of order and any drop down menus are blank until the mouse hovers over an item in the list.

0 votes
Chris Lehan May 12, 2014

I have updated macros and plug-ins - any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 votes
Chris Lehan May 11, 2014

I have updated all macros and plug-ins.

Suggest an answer