Extending Create Issue Handler to perform fixVersion and component sorting

We are currently using the Jira 4.x with the Advanced Email Handler (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/plugin.jmh). Specifically we are using this handler to filter incoming emails for fixVersion=, affectVersion= and component=. Unfortunately as Jira 5.x breaks the Advanced Email Handler functionality due to API changes, and as a result when we upgrade from Jira 4.x to 5.x our users will loose this functionality.

Is there a way for us to access the default Create Issue Handler code in order to implement methods to handle these three additional fields?

Greg

1 answer

You can access JIRA source code via your JIRA license entry on my.atlassian.com.

Just a thought, but JEMH that is JIRA 5.x compatible, supports all fields including the above, and with the @key=value format. Perhaps that would be more cost effective than developing and supporting another plugin?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

118 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you