Export Filter result and save to a shared location on Network Drive

atul April 11, 2013

Is there any way we can Export Filter Result in to excel and save it to Network Share OR send it via email ?

2 answers

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2013

Hey there, Atul.

Can you please refer to the following documentations and see if they can be of any help:

Warm regards,

Danial

atul April 11, 2013

I am already aware of filtersubscription, But here i want to receive daily email with the Exported Excel as attachment Or Get this Excel saved to a Network share.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2013

Code, if you want Jira to do it.

A human can click "excel" as a view option on a filter and save it to a network share, or email it any time you want though. You might want to consider writing a script that will hit the excel url and do what you want, rather than trying to wedge it into Jira. (I've done it both ways - a script can be three lines of code and a cron entry. A plugin is a difficult-to-maintain swathe of code)

atul April 11, 2013

Hi Nic, Could you please give me some test script for Example and how to run it ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2013

Um, not really, it depends entirely on your systems. I do have this in a cron on an old site though:

#!/bin/bash
wget https://yourjira/sr/jira.issueviews:searchrequest-excel-current-fields/10010/SearchRequest-10010.xls?tempMax=1000
cp SearchRequest-10010.xls <somewhere>

As you can see, it's not complex...

Suggest an answer