Exclude task done/completed on story but still get the story done

Andreas Melvanius January 3, 2013

I really like the way that Greenhopper burn down the SP's and make the story completed/done when the team moves the last task into the Done column. However I would like to have the possibility to exclude some tasks from the done column and still get the story flagged as done. So can you exlude task that are not part of the definition of done but still keep the burning down of SP's and completed/done story functionality on user story level?

Another option for me would be if you can add a status on user story level (Tested/Acceptance tested) and change to this but still keep the completed/done state on the story so that it would end up correctly on the burndown and other stat charts.

3 answers

0 votes
Ming Chen August 28, 2015

I'd also like to know this.  We need to give credit for velocity and burndown for stories that are in ready for testing. When ending a sprint, is there a way to give credit even though stories are not in the done column? 

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

This is not possible. A workaround is to close all sub-tasks, close the story and then re-open the required sub-task, directly in JIRA. GH mostly won't know this. Try it out, I haven't tried myself.

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 3, 2013

If I understand your query correctly, you can achieve this by creating a Quick Filter or categorizing the cards using Swimlanes.

Andreas Melvanius January 3, 2013

Not sure how Quick Filter and Swimlanes can help me in any way for this. Can you please provide more details please?

Suggest an answer