Exclude task done/completed on story but still get the story done

I really like the way that Greenhopper burn down the SP's and make the story completed/done when the team moves the last task into the Done column. However I would like to have the possibility to exclude some tasks from the done column and still get the story flagged as done. So can you exlude task that are not part of the definition of done but still keep the burning down of SP's and completed/done story functionality on user story level?

Another option for me would be if you can add a status on user story level (Tested/Acceptance tested) and change to this but still keep the completed/done state on the story so that it would end up correctly on the burndown and other stat charts.

3 answers

0 votes

If I understand your query correctly, you can achieve this by creating a Quick Filter or categorizing the cards using Swimlanes.

Not sure how Quick Filter and Swimlanes can help me in any way for this. Can you please provide more details please?

This is not possible. A workaround is to close all sub-tasks, close the story and then re-open the required sub-task, directly in JIRA. GH mostly won't know this. Try it out, I haven't tried myself.

I'd also like to know this.  We need to give credit for velocity and burndown for stories that are in ready for testing. When ending a sprint, is there a way to give credit even though stories are not in the done column? 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira Ops

Jira Ops Early Access Program Update #1: Announcing our next feature and a new integration

Thanks for signing up for Jira Ops! I’m Matt Ryall, leader for the Jira Ops product team at Atlassian. Since this is a brand new product, we’ll be delivering improvements quickly and sharing updates...

210 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you