Excel Connector issue logging in

Donncha Daly July 10, 2014

Hi,

I am having an issue with the Excel Connector add-on. I am generating an issue list in JIRA, exporting to Excel and then attempting to login to JIRA from the spreadsheet from the Excel Connector add-on tab in Excel.

I am getting the following error message

11/07/2014 12:00:02 Connecting to JIRA at https://jira.xxx.com:8400 as ddaly.
11/07/2014 12:00:05 Connected to JIRA successfully.
11/07/2014 12:00:28 ERROR: com.atlassian.cache.CacheException: com.atlassian.jira.exception.DataAccessException: org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDataSourceException: SQL Exception while executing the following:SELECT ID FROM customfield WHERE cfname =  ?  (Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '=')
11/07/2014 12:00:28    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
   at Excel2JIRA.JiraSoapService.Excel2JiraSOAPService.getDropDowns(String in0, String[] in1, String[] in2, String in3)
   at Excel2JIRA.JiraConnector.GetDropDowns(String[] issueKeys, String[] columnNames)
   at Excel2JIRA.ExcelPopulator.RefreshSheetNew()
   at Excel2JIRA.RefreshWindow.RefreshWindow_Shown(Object sender, EventArgs e)

It seems to connect alright, but when I attempt to refresh I get a similar error message.

Can anyone help me?

2 answers

0 votes
Luciano Fagundes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 10, 2014

You're getting a collation error: Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE

Seems you need to switch your excel to use the same colation as JIRA which is UTF8.

0 votes
Łukasz Sadowski July 10, 2014

Hello Donncha,

Which language do you use in your JIRA and Excel?

Donncha Daly July 10, 2014

English in both

Suggest an answer