Error creating issue: Could not load validator class

Miklos Szurap February 12, 2013

We have created a custom issue type and a custom workflow. We have tried to create a new Issue in that project which is associated with these, but we get this error message when clicking on Create button:

{code}

Error creating issue: Could not load validator class

{code}

In the logs we have the following stacktrace:

{code}

2013-02-13 12:57:34,478 http-8443-6 ERROR jiraadmin 777x2427x1 1m74b2w 192.168.xx.yy,192.168.zz.rr /secure/CreateIssueDetails.jspa atlassian.jira.workflow.SimpleWorkflowManager Error occured while

creating issue.

com.opensymphony.workflow.WorkflowException: Could not load validator class

at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.verifyInputs(AbstractWorkflow.java:1327)

at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.transitionWorkflow(AbstractWorkflow.java:1022)

at com.opensymphony.workflow.AbstractWorkflow.initialize(AbstractWorkflow.java:618)

at com.atlassian.jira.workflow.SimpleWorkflowManager.createIssue(SimpleWorkflowManager.java:219)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:431)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.managers.DefaultIssueManager.createIssue(DefaultIssueManager.java:372)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.atlassian.util.profiling.object.ObjectProfiler.profiledInvoke(ObjectProfiler.java:81)

at com.atlassian.jira.config.component.SwitchingInvocationHandler.invoke(SwitchingInvocationHandler.java:28)

at $Proxy41.createIssue(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.jira.bc.issue.DefaultIssueService.create(DefaultIssueService.java:163)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.createIssue(CreateIssueDetails.java:96)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.issue.CreateIssueDetails.doExecute(CreateIssueDetails.java:72)

{code}

We don't know what to check, what is wrong with the current configuration. Please assist us to resolve this problem.

Thank you

Miklos

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Miklos Szurap February 18, 2013

Thank you guys for the tips. It turned out that something went wrong with the workflow's "Linked Statuses", so when I re-created the workflow and set the statuses well, it was working fine.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2013

Hey there, Miklos.

Please look a the following KB:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Cannot+Create+Issues+due+to+%27Could+not+load+validator%27+class+Errors

Hope it helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Miklos Szurap February 17, 2013

Hi,

I already have seen that but we don't have "IssueNotFoundException" messages, so I don't think it's applicable to us.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2013

What validators do you have on the workflow transition that is failing?

Hi,

The stacktrace says:

2013-02-18 08:54:14,850 http-8443-7 INFO jiraadmin 534x5153x1 19hc1j5 192.168.xx.yy /secure/CreateIssueDetails.jspa [atlassian.jira.workflow.DefaultOSWorkflowConfigurator] No T

ypeResolvers found registered for class '

com.atlassian.jira.workflow.validator.PermissionValidator

What should I check? I have all permissions on the project.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2013

You need to look at the workflow. What validators are set on the transition?

Hi, in the initial-actions tag I have:

<validators>
        <validator name="" type="class">
          <arg name="class.name">
com.atlassian.jira.workflow.validator.PermissionValidator
</arg>
          <arg name="permission">
Create Issue
</arg>
        </validator>
      </validators>

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2013

Hmm, now, if that is the only validator, I'm a bit stuck because it's the standard one that you pretty much need in the workflow and is part of the core, so I'd expect it to work. Need to cast the net a little wider:

Are there errors above and below the error you have posted?

How did you create this workflow?

In the logs there are no other error messages.

Actually I have inherited this workflow from one off my ex-collegue, so I don't know how it is created.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 17, 2013

In that case, I'd be tempted to start with a clean workflow - set up the same status and transitions and test with that.

Suggest an answer