Error While Creating an Issue

Chris Pierce December 23, 2013

Whenever I try to create an issue I get the error "THE JIRA SERVERWAS CONTACTED BUT HAS RETURNED AN ERROR RESPONSE. WE ARE UNSURE OF THE RESULT OF THIS OPERATION. CLOSE THIS DIALOG AND PRESS REFRESH IN YOUR BROWSER." Its a fresh install of Jira with no 3rd party plug-ins. Ive tried re-indexing, and looking at the log and have had no success.

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2013

This is a generic error and wouldn't tell you what is going wrong. Look in the appication log file (atlassian-jira.log) and you will see the actual reason. It could be due to a stale workflow post function or due to some other piece of code executed via third party add ons during create issue.

Whatever it is, I would expect to find some hints in the log file.

0 votes
Sharon Shapira December 23, 2013

I don't believe this is related, but have you checked the post-functions for your workflow to ensure it is not trying to do something that it cannot?

I have not heard of this issue before, have you considered filing an issue for the Jira techs to look into?

Suggest an answer