Enable future sprints for filters

Matyas Bodor January 30, 2013

In order to support requirement engineering (e.g. a Kanban board for monitoring the progress of stories planned for upcoming sprints) it is needed that the future sprint frames in the planning board can be used in filters.

An example: if the current sprint is SP10, and there are SP11 and SP12 defined in the planning board (they are not started yet), it should be possible to create filter sprint = SP11_ID that returns the issues currently planned for sprint SP11.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2013

John's answer doesn't work for planned sprints, and also the argument should be a numeric ID that is not that easy to find.

See my comment here for a possible workaround.

PS Just adding support for mysql now, other dbs should work ok.

Matyas Bodor February 7, 2013

Thank you both for your answers.
I'm trying to solve the issue with the plugin Jamie linked.

Let's see how that goes!

Matyas Bodor February 10, 2013

Jamie's linked Plugin does the trick. I'm more than happy with my new filters and boards!

Thank you!

Matyas Bodor February 10, 2013

I will! ;-) Thx!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2013

great... there are a couple of issues you might run into. Look out for an update soon.

0 votes
Oksana_Veretiuk March 29, 2019

project = <projectname> AND sprint in futureSprints()

0 votes
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 2, 2013

Hi Matyas,

Are you looking for this JQL query?

sprint = SP11

sprint in (SP11, SP12)

For more details info, please find from the article below

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Advanced+Searching#AdvancedSearching-Sprint

Hope its help

zneiley September 10, 2015

Is there a way to search on "Future" sprints as it's called within JIRA? Doing it the way you suggest means updating the filter every time a new sprint is added?

Suggest an answer