During 'Bulk change' , Can we Copy "Fix Version/s" value to Build Number Field ?

Currently we updated Fix Version/s with Build Number Value.. so we would like to Copy "Fix Version/s" value to Build Number. and later update fix Version/s value with right version number.

while Bulk change it is allowing only set "Build Number" with static value , is there a way to copy Fix Version/s value to "Build Number" field ?

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

You could consider making a loop transition on the current status of the issues, and add a "Copy value from field to field" post function to it. Then, bulk transition the issues to their current status to trigger the loop and post function.

This widget could not be displayed.

No, the bulk edit is exactly what it says - it performs the same edit on each issue selected.

It's simply not dynamic like that.

What you CAN do though: Set up the workflow on the issues so that it has a transition like "copy fix" (you can hide it from normal users with a condition like "only admins" if you want). Use a post-function to copy the fix version to the build number field - you will need to find/write a plugin to do that, but there's quite a lot of "copy field" plugins available in the marketplace.

Then, use "bulk edit" and transition all the issues through the new transition.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

140 views 16 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you