Disable panel from certain projects only

He Who Shall Not Be Named June 14, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: How to disable Agile side panel from issue view screen

This documentation applies site-wide. How about if I only want to disable in a certain project?

Remember, not all teams are using TestRail or Agile. It should be customizable.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 14, 2016

JIRA Software/JIRA Agile projects all show the panel, unfortunately. JIRA Core and JIRA Service Desk projects should not have the panel.

He Who Shall Not Be Named June 15, 2016

Thanks for responding Steven.

Nothing on the documentation seems to have mentioned that. Regardless, I take it then as it is not possible, which seems always to be the case when I have a particular need in mind.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2016

Well, it's just a feature of JIRA Software, I'm not sure where they'd document the fact that you can't remove it.

Here's the thing, I actually completely 100% agree with you, I wish I had the option to hide it. However, JIRA Administration is fairly complex as it is. Atlassian has expressed a desire to further simplify it. I've worked with and seen a lot of other tracker tools and it strikes me how simple Atlassian products are from the administration side as it is.

If it's really worth it to you there's ways to customize JIRA. Some are easy but hard to maintain (basic customizations) but some are difficult but can be great for the long-term (custom add-on). You'd need to indicate if you're on Cloud or Server though, because Cloud would be much more difficult to customize.

He Who Shall Not Be Named June 15, 2016

Don't take me wrong. I'm all for simplicity.

I'm talking about a feature I think should be available. How complex would it be as JIRA administrator to have a toggle button "Display X Panel" on this project?

You might be thinking more on how Atlassian would implement it under the hood, which is not equal to JIRA administration.

We have both Cloud and Server. I only do front-end administration so tinkering with the code or doing scripting is out of the question for me.

Suggest an answer