DVCS connector with Git and workflow transitions

motherg November 6, 2013

Hi all,

We've been using the DVCS connector with Git and GitHub at work for a while now, it allows us to tie our commits to the stories just fine but the feature we really want is the ability to transition the stories through the workflow. We use a custom workflow - no preconditions on the steps (there are some post conditions).

That categorically doesn't work, regardless of the format we go with. I've tried all the recommendations in the thread here. You can see I've commented there too but I'm no longer getting responses.

Any suggestions?

1 answer

0 votes
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2013

Hi,

It is because your workflow transition does not have preconditions on the steps. Just add a new transition condition with the choosen option as:Code Committed Condition

Best Regards,

Steven

motherg November 8, 2013
Aha! Thanks I'll try on Monday - is that mentioned anywhere in the documentation? I didn't see it and I think I've read it cover to cover.
StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 9, 2013

Thanks, I will try to get this on document updates

motherg November 10, 2013

Hi Steven,

Just checked it out - this doesn't seem to be a good setup as it means you can only move things through the workflow via Git commits?

It's one extreme or the other, why would anyone want to be restricted like that? I struggling to see a use case where that is a valid argument.

I'd imagine most users would want the added ability to transition an issue through the workflow via git commits but not be exclusively tied to it?

StevenA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 20, 2013

Hi,

As you can see in the workflow transition conditions, there are two options:

1. Executed if all of the following conditions.

2. Executed if any of the conditions are met.

So it would depend on your own requirement to select either one.

Best Regards,

Steven

motherg November 24, 2013

hmmm, didn't seem to be worded that was in JIRA 5.2 but I will checkit out and let you know my good man.

motherg November 25, 2013

Hi Steven,

I've checked it out and the options I have (after choosing the Code Committed Condition) are:

• Code must be commited against an issue to allow this transition
  • Code must not be commited against an issue to allow this transition

I'm on JIRA 5.2.8 - is this the reason?

Suggest an answer