Creating cases from email.

B Morling April 18, 2013

Hi,

I’m having two issues with creating cases from email. The first is that the emails are removed from the mailbox. I would prefer to move these to a sub folder if that’s possible. From memory it was possible in older versions of JIRA.

Secondly, all jobs are logged with the priority Major which I can’t seem to change.

Thanks in advance,
Blake.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Chaithra N
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

hi,

I am assuming you are reffering issue creation by email in JIRA.

For your first question, may be you can try writing outlook rules to copy the email to some folder.

For second one, in the outlook mail, you can set "high importance" &"low importance" for each email, based on this parameter JIRA priority also changes.

Regards,

Chaithra

2 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2013

You need the Enterprise Mail Handler plugin to be able to set field default values on issue creation: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

Suggest an answer