Create JIRA issue from GMAIL

Santiago Redondo January 14, 2013

Hi everyone, Im currently using the JIRA plugin on Thunderbird to raise tickets. Is there a way to have this directly on Gmail through an extension or something?

Thunderbird doesn't work so well..

Thanks!

7 answers

1 vote
Stacey E. Kimmel-Smith May 2, 2020

Hi All, who is using JTG Gmail to Jira? What are your thoughts?

1 vote
Markus Hääl November 28, 2018

You can actually really easily do it with all the tutorials there are. There is just one pain point that in 90% of the cases is not described.

Besides IMAP you need to enable "less secure apps" from your google account.

This window is at Google account>sign in & security>Allow less secure apps: ONless secure.PNG

1 vote
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 14, 2013

Perhaps JIRA Enterprise Mail Handler is what you looking for : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.jira.jemh-ui

It has extensive feature and it is highly configurable to suit any kind of customization.

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 19, 2013

JEMH can just pickup incoming email from: particular domains, eg @gmail.com, in a way you want, eg create & comment in project/issueType/priority/assignee etc.

1 vote
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 14, 2013

Yes, you can create jira issues by directly sending emails to a gmail account.

Here's the steps.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email

Rahul

Santiago Redondo January 14, 2013

Um, that's pretty much what Im doing with Thunderbird, and I need to get a mail handler out of the equation.

I'm looking for some sort of a plugin or extension which will let me pick out emails from gmail and create jira issues from them, not set rules or anything like that.

The plugin would be linked to my current jira server, and all I'd have to do is set the options and insert the comment for the newly created ticket.

Im looking for something like that :)

0 votes
Steve Benjamin July 4, 2017

You can use this amazing Add-On to Integrate Gmail directly to JIRA 

Gmail to JIRA Add-on

and you can also use this add-on to integrate Outlook directly to JIRA 

Outlook To JIRA Add-on

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 19, 2013

Suggest an answer