Configuring Screens

Eric Pili November 6, 2013

I am trying to change around the order that the fields appear in a screen. I can add and remove the fields without issue, but when i try to drag the fields to change the order i just get a giant white space that continues to grow while i have the mouse button held.

Is this a bug or am i just doing something wrong?

5 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Craig Haynal November 25, 2013

This is a bug. Assuming you are seeing this problem with JIRA 6.1.2, there is a hotfix attached to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35586 that will correct the problem until JIRA restarts or upgrading to JIRA 6.1.3 corrects the problem on a more permanent basis.

Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

Thanks! That hotfix solved my problem for the time being.

0 votes
PedroA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2013

Hi Eric,
Thanks for the info.

Yes, I have tested myself and I was not able to reproduce it, so, this seems to be very particular to the instance. Any chance running this bypaxing proxy settings or with some debugging tool on? (e.g. Firebug on FF or Developer tools on Google Chrome) As this would involve browser activity I believe such tools would give us a clue.

Please let us know how it goes.
Looking forward to hear from you.

Cheers,
Pedro

Eric Pili November 25, 2013

That is exactly what I am seeing.

Aseem Parikh
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 25, 2013

Pedro,

I've been seeing this error for the past few minor revisions of Jira. I can reproduce this on all my browsers (Chrome, FF, Safari). There's a JS error that pops up when I start dragging a field. I'm attaching some screenshots which will hopefully shed some light on the issue.

0 votes
PedroA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 8, 2013

Hi Eric,
How you doing?

So you mentioned you hold up the dotted box, but if you do not take it either up or down, does the screen move it all the way down itself? Additionally, have you tried this same behaviour from other browsers? Is it only you that are facing this error within your instance?

Let us know!

Cheers,
Pedro

Eric Pili November 8, 2013

As soon as i click the dotted bar, the field jumps to the bottom of the screen (in the footer). The mouse direction doesn't seem to matter. Same effect in chrome and IE. The field never really goes into a dragging mode.

Additional i was doing some experimenting today and i found that i could actively drag columns around in the KANBAN board and it worked fine. Not sure what the difference in functionlity there might be between the screen configuration page and the board confirguration page.

0 votes
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2013

You can change the order of the fields for the edit window, but it sounds to me like you want to change them around in the view. Unfortunately, the view's field order is set and unconfigurable. Check out this issue for more info, vote it up if you think it should be implemented, and begin watching it so you'll receive updates:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9802

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2013

ahh ... so you're saying you can't reorder them in the admin module not that the reorder that you completed in the admin didn't take when viewing issues. :)

I am trying to field order under

Administation -->Screens --> Default Screen Scheme --> Default Screen

Pretty sure that is the right place. I can add and remove fields. I just can't re-order them.

yes. WHen i am in the admin module and i click and drag the dotted bar, then item doesn't drag and instead created a white space that grows for as long as I hold down the mouse button.

I was trying to upload a screen shot, but the upload button doesn't seem to be working for me. I am wondering if they are somehow related to java or something.

Pei November 7, 2013

I noticed the same issue that Eric did.

0 votes
Lang Tran November 6, 2013

You should just be able to grap the traction area (the square of small bumps) and just move them around. What version of JIRA and what browser are you using?

Yeah, that is what I assumed. It just isn't working. It just makes all this white space

I am using Jira 6.1.2 and I tried it with both IE10 and Chrome 30.0.1599.101

Have you tried the standard help desk solution: clear browser cache and cookies?

Yup, just click the Up Arrow thing. The hover text = upload.desc.

I did try that. No luck. Is there a way to add an attachment to a comment? I can post a screen shot of the problem.

Suggest an answer