Configuration query 2

VenugopalY December 10, 2012

1. How to set auto closed for a ticket? From Resolved to Closed. Like ticket should close automatically after 10 days. If user is happy with the provided resolution. He can only close ticket. (Adamin/Developers should not). Consider once closed ticket by user can’t re-open user has to file new case.

2. How to set email notification to Reporter/Developer etc… when ticket is on waiting on or Pending for longer time. like every 2 days email notification to concern ticket members?

3. Unable to edit Resolution field on resolved state? Please see the attached images. Currently I have below available status fields for Resolution.

Please let me know how to enable this field.

Fixed

A fix for this issue is checked into the tree and tested.

Duplicate

The problem is a duplicate of an existing issue.

Workaround

Workaround provided

Cannot Reproduce

All attempts at reproducing this issue failed, or not enough information was available to reproduce the issue. Reading the code produces no clues as to why this behavior would occur. If more information appears later, please reopen the issue.

Rejected

Bug Rejected

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2012

1. There's a few approaches to "transition after X days", but most of them need coding. Atlassian do it with https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation which is probably the most simple. The rest of your answer is basically "do this in the workflow" - add/remove the transitions you need, and put conditions on them (e.g. from resolved to closed, use the condition "only the reporter")

2. Set up a filter for issues that are pending and subscribe to it, or use the same trick as in answer 1 - modify it to comment on a dormant issue if the "updated" date is over X days

3. There are no screen shots, but it sounds like you either don't have "resolution" as a field on the edit screen, or you've got the "do not allow edit while issue is in this status" flag set in the workflow

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

oh this sounds like something i was lookin for recently...

nic where you get that "do not allow edit while issue is in this status" from??

oh got it...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2012

It's a property applied to a step in the workflow. Can't remember the full thing off the top of my head, it's something like jira.editable.status. I cheat when I need it, and look in the default Jira workflow because it's in there (on the closed step) and can't be removed

I almost said "status" there, but it would be wrong. Although there's a 1:1 mapping between step and status in any workflow, it's important that you don't think of them as synonymous outside a single workflow - because this is a property on a step, it means you can have two workflows that have a "closed" status, one with edit enabled, and one with edit blocked.

Suggest an answer