ComponentAccessor in jira always returning "null" while accessing a component. How exactly do we use this to get an object of a class?

Neeraj Bodhe April 23, 2014

hi,

I am using ComponentAccessor to get an object of a component as ComponentManager methods appear all to be deprecated. So far i have tried the following code and it always returns null.

1. ComponentAccessor.getComponent(EpicLinkManagerImpl.class)

2. ComponentAccessor.getComponentofType(EpicLinkManagerImpl.class)

The EpicLinkManagerImpl.class belongs to the jira greenhopper plugin and i am tring to access this in my own custom plugin.

how can i achieve this? is there anything im doing wrong? or is there any other alternative?

2 answers

0 votes

hi jamie, thanks for your answer.

I am facing problem regarding greenHopperCacheManager and applicationContext in the variation of this code in java. Can someone please share the corresponding code snippet in java?

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 23, 2014

It's not a component, or not a public component. You could try using the latest version of script runner and seeing Working With JIRA Agile.

hi jamie,

thanks for replying. Can you please post the corresponding java code snippet for your answer?

Suggest an answer