Closed and resolved issues from GreenHopper doesn't update my Jira Graphs

Toño Silva Portell January 2, 2013

I'm using a lot the GreenHopper plugin on my project. All the issues are closed following the Scrum template and are properly treated as completed in GreenHopper, but the status isn't reflected on Jira graphs....

This is a Jira issue or a missconfiguration of my project?

1 answer

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Yes, if you convert an existing project to simplied workflow, GreenHopper does not add a post function to the transition that actually moves the issue to the Closed or Resolved state. The reason being, GreenHopper just do not have any idea which actual transition should have this.

So, you need to manually modifying the simplified workflow for the project and add a post condition to the resolution status or show the 'Resolution Screen' so that the resolution can be picked up which moving the issues to the closed state in GreenHopper columns.

In addition for all the issues that are already moved to Closed, you may need to add an additional transition with source and destination step as 'Closed' and showing the 'Resolution Screen' in the transition. And do a bulk transition of all the issues that are in Closed state and perform this transition to update the resolution.

Toño Silva Portell January 8, 2013

i already do that, and the resolution screen shows up when a issue is closed using Greenhopper... but the status still doesn't change on Jira

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 9, 2013

Do you have any other post conditions in the workflow? If there are and if they fail before the issue re-index happens, this will be the result. To confirm, can you do a full reindex of JIRA and check whether the reports are coming correctly?

Can you add the screenshot of one issue (while viewing directly in JIRA) which is closed using GreenHopper?

Suggest an answer