Checking for presence of check box in multiple check box filed

Pawel Veselov
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 27, 2012

Hi.

I have a multiple checkbox field, PM Expose.

I have defined two options for this field - In Fix List and Parked.

I'm now having issues being able to search for issues that have one of the options *not set* in the field.

Query

(project = xxx) AND (description ~ inbanner OR description ~ in-banner) AND Status not in (Resolved, Closed) and ( Severity = Blocker)

returns issues disregarding it's PM Expose value - OK.

Query

(project = xxx) AND (description ~ inbanner OR description ~ in-banner) AND Status not in (Resolved, Closed) and ( Severity = Blocker) and PM Expose not in (Parked)

only returns issues that both have *something* in PM Expose list, and that something is not Parked.

What's the best way to query issues that do not have a certain check box checked in a multiple checkbox field?

Thank you.

1 answer

1 vote
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

(project = xxx) AND (description ~ inbanner OR description ~ in-banner) AND Status not in (Resolved, Closed) and ( Severity = Blocker) and (PM Expose not in (Parked) or PM Expose is empty)

But you will need to ensure that if you have set your custom field to only be applicable to certain projects or issue types, that your search query only covers tickets that are valid for the custom field.

Suggest an answer