Cascading Select custom field in JIRA Connector

arclyte August 13, 2012

I'm trying to tie JIRA to my IDE (Eclipse and/or Visual Studio) but am having trouble because of a Cascading Select custom field. I am testing using Eclipse but would eventually like to get this working in Visual Studio as well. I have set up my connection with JIRA and can see all of the issues, but when I try to submit an issue I get the following error:

Service unavailable: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException:

Fields not valid for issue:

Errors: {customfield_10010=The option 'About' is an invalid option in the context 'Default Configuration for Location'}

Error Messages: {}

I am using Eclipse 3.7 (PDT 3.0), Mylyn 3.8.1, and Atlassian Connector for Eclipse 3.0.6.

The custom field requires you to select a site section and then subsection in the second selector. I believe that it is currently a required field. It does not show at all in the issue in Eclipse and only shows in the JIRA web UI when I edit the issue. Is there any way to get this working or I SOL as far as using the connector with custom fields? If it is not required can I at least update those tickets without that field?

1 answer

0 votes
timvansteenbergen September 2, 2013

Hi there, I have no answer but am having sort of the same message, trying to push to Git out of Netbeans 7.3.1. the message is:

Service unavailabe: com.atlassian.jira.rpc.exception.RemoteValidationException: Fields not valid for issue: 
Errors: {customfield_10008=Epic with name 'SPHQ-1' is not unique.}
Error Messages: []

So hoping on an answer.

Best regards, Tim van Steenbergen

Suggest an answer