Cascading Select: Doesn't accept default None value as a value

Lathrop [PSU] August 15, 2013

I'm using a cascading field that is required by post function validation to be required during a transition. This works just fine but I've noticed that both levels of the field are required. This is also fine, makes sense. However, the default None value that appears in the list will not be accepted as a allowed value when the field is required. Selecting JIRA->None for example will not allow you to finish the transition. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

None is basically the translation of a Null value on the database side. Since a value is required it must not be Null (or translated None).

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 15, 2013

However, you can add your own 'None' value and set it as default.

Lathrop [PSU] August 15, 2013

I want to be able to register that zero value, but it seems that JIRA is requiring me to create a zero value rather than using EMPTY or NULL as a zero value. This is fine, I will do that. I guess it is just a pet peev of mine that now I will have two None values in all my lists creating confusion for those making selections in this field. They will wonder why chosing one None will fail but the other will work.

Suggest an answer