After upgrading from 4.1.26 to 4.3.4 and then to 5.2.6 last Friday, I see that when I try to search for issues using one of my custom fields (Severity), no issues are found. If I select the field and then type = (Severity =), I am presented with the four possible values for this field (1-Critical, 2-Major, 3-Minor and Normal). I can pick any of these and I don't get any issues. I also tried Severity != 1-Critical and I get nothing. I tried all four choices.
I know that I could do this before I upgraded.
Since the issue is not searchable by using custom field, this may sounds like JIRA indexing problem. Just to be sure if this is not the case, can you kindly try to perform a full JIRA indexing and see if it helps? The indexing interface can be found by going to Administration > Indexing.
I hope that this will help, kindly let us know how it goes.
If the problem remains after indexing, may I know the custom field type for the field Severity?
Thanks for the answer. I actually answered my own question on Feb 25 under the Support website. https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-153015.
I don't know why my question showed up here too and not my comment/answer.
I found that once I ran a "re-index" on my Jira instance that I could now search on the custom fields. A re-index was done when the system was upgraded on Friday (I saw this in onw of the logs) so I didn't think this was needed again.
But thanks for very much for the help. You were correct.
Good morning All, Our goal is to get you into the habit of while enjoying your favorite morning drink you are checking the NOVA "space" for topics and comments. Your input is really needed and...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs