Cannot search my issues using some of my custom fields

pbashburn February 24, 2013

After upgrading from 4.1.26 to 4.3.4 and then to 5.2.6 last Friday, I see that when I try to search for issues using one of my custom fields (Severity), no issues are found. If I select the field and then type = (Severity =), I am presented with the four possible values for this field (1-Critical, 2-Major, 3-Minor and Normal). I can pick any of these and I don't get any issues. I also tried Severity != 1-Critical and I get nothing. I tried all four choices.

I know that I could do this before I upgraded.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2013

Hi Patrick,

Since the issue is not searchable by using custom field, this may sounds like JIRA indexing problem. Just to be sure if this is not the case, can you kindly try to perform a full JIRA indexing and see if it helps? The indexing interface can be found by going to Administration > Indexing.

I hope that this will help, kindly let us know how it goes.

If the problem remains after indexing, may I know the custom field type for the field Severity?

Thanks.

pbashburn March 3, 2013

Thanks for the answer. I actually answered my own question on Feb 25 under the Support website. https://support.atlassian.com/browse/JSP-153015.

I don't know why my question showed up here too and not my comment/answer.

I wrote:

I found that once I ran a "re-index" on my Jira instance that I could now search on the custom fields. A re-index was done when the system was upgraded on Friday (I saw this in onw of the logs) so I didn't think this was needed again.

But thanks for very much for the help. You were correct.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2013

Support issues are private, between the user and Atlassian. Separate threads (and we can't see the JSP either)

Suggest an answer