Cannot create application link between Jira and Confluence (HTTPS/SSL)

Hartmut Stein May 26, 2017

I'm new to Atlassian products. After a fresh server install of Jira 7.3.1, Confluence 6.1.4 and Bitbucket 5.0.1 on Ubuntu 16.04 I changed the access method for all three products to HTTPS/SSL and created bidirectional application links from Bitbucket to Jira and from Bitbucket to Confluence. Working well.
The existing application link between Jira and Confluence was broken due to the switch from HTTP to HTTPS/SSL. So I deleted this broken application link.
But I had no success creating this application link newly:
On the Jira form "Application Links" (<jira>/plugins/servlet/applinks/listApplicationLinks) I entered the Confluence Base URL.
The "Link applications" dialog was shown, where I checked "The servers have the same set of users and usernames".
The "Administrator Access" dialog was shown.
After logging in again the Jira form "Application Links" was shown without a newly created application link. There was no error message and no switch to Confluence to create the reciprocal application link.
In <jira>/logs/catalina.out I found the following entry:
<timestamp> JIRA-EventThread-73 WARN <user> 1330x2098x2 iucv0o 2.166.2.242 /rest/applinks/3.0/manifest.json [c.a.a.internal.capabilities.DefaultRemoteCapabilitiesService] Exception trying to get Applink for manifest with ID 065086d1-5d0c-3faf-a14b-520c62269424

(One note: I'm using two self signed certificates: one for Jira and Confluence and one for Bitbucket.)

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 31, 2017

Hi Harmut,

I would take a look at Application link not working due to "ManifestNotFoundException." One quick way you can get some more information is through curl. Verify the connection can be established from the target to the source server on the command-line using curl - you'll have to install this in Windows from curl.haxx.se - as per the below example:

curl -H "Accept: application/json" http://yourBaseURL:8080/rest/applinks/1.0/manifest -v

Replace yourBaseURL with the hostname of the target.

Hopefully that in conjunction with the information in Application link not working due to "ManifestNotFoundException" will give you more information to go on that you can use to resolve this. If not, post the results of the curl command

Cheers,

Branden

Hartmut Stein June 1, 2017

Hi Branden,

Thank you for your reply!

curl didn't deliver an error message, but a valid JSON expression.

I tried to post the curl result here, but I got the following:

Error

Your reply was not accepted. Please check for inappropriate language or spam.

Kind Regards,

Hartmut

Suggest an answer