Can you highlight a blocker within the virtual board?

Veronica Stewart January 1, 2013

I know you can link an issue to show blockers or dependencies, but can you call-out them within the virtual board? Currently, we use red paper on the physical board to make it quite obvious when we have blockers. I was hoping there was something similar when a task is blocked during a sprint.

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
danielwester
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

You can set the color of a card based on a JQL statement (such as 'priority="Blocker"' ). See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+Card+Colours for more info on how to configure it.

As simple approach might be to have a custom field named Blocker with values of yes/no and then applying the appropriate jql to that.

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 2, 2013

Perfect, didn't think about the card colours!

Like Mario Alvarez likes this
0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Oh, but the requirement is to have this based on issue links. Extending the idea of @DanielWester , you can use the JQL tricks from @jobin and use the JQL as "hasLinks(block link type)" and make the card colour RED.

http://www.j-tricks.com/jql-tricks-plugin.html

Veronica Stewart January 2, 2013

Is this plug-in available for the ONDemnad versions?

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 4, 2013

I am so sorry, didn't notice the OnDemand label. I guess it is not available :(

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 2, 2013

Can you tell a bit more what you mean by 'call -out' on the virtual board?

The issue links are seen on the details view of the card in the Rapid board. If you can add a snapshot what exactly you are looking for, it may help.

Suggest an answer