Can I import a (local) Bugzilla database into JIRA On Demand?

Hi,

(I hope this is the right place to post this question. It wasn't totally obvious.)

We're currently evaluating Atlassian JIRA On-Demand (and its associated services). Currently we have all our issues in a locally hosted Bugzilla instance, and source code in git.

Is it possible to import from a local Bugzilla instance to JIRA on-demand? Or would we need to run JIRA locally, import into that, then migrate to JIRA on-demand?

We'd like to test this in our evaluation period.

Thanks,

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Cygnet,

It isn't actually possible for you to import your Bugzilla data directly into OnDemand, but as the Bugzilla import process involves exposing your database to JIRA it wouldn't be wise to be transmitting this data across the internet anyway. However, the solution for this is to download and install an instance of JIRA to import your Bugzilla data locally and then export the data ready to import into OnDemand. You can do this by following the instructions in this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Importing+Data+from+Bugzilla

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 5 hours ago in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

15 views 0 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you