Can I disable Jira online help?

Stefan Geyer August 14, 2012

We are using Jira for a helpdesk and we would like to hide/disable online help because it actually confuses users. Lots of projects, issue types, statuses and workflows make the online help cumbersome to read and not very specific to what the user needs to do.

Is there a way to do that? I'm happy to disable all the little yellow '?' buttons (on e.g. the create issue screen for issue types or wiki markup), haven't found a system plugin directly relating to that.

Your help is appreciated.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

You are right. There isn't a single place to fix it. The little yellow icon comes in various velociity templates, jsps etc and so you can't remove them easily.

Easiest thing to do is to hide them using javascript in the Announcement banner but that also is not too easy because the help button uses different CSS classes, ids etc in different places.

Stefan Geyer August 14, 2012

Thanks for the quick reply. I will probably use some javascript to at least hide the online help button on the create issue page.

Suggest an answer