Can I delete all issues in a project, and start from ID ticket number 1 again?

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2012

We need to do demo on producion and then tickes will be created. We need to restore back origional start index starting from 1 again.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2012

You can't without messing with the database. Just delete and recreate the project.

wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2012

what about deleing projec issues from daabase and do reseeding to the icke number

Does deleing project deletes all customizaion we made regarding fields, notification, permission scheme; what are the hings I might rebuild when deleting a project?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 29, 2012

Remember that a project is a header - it lists the field, notification, permission, screen, workflow SCHEMES that make up the project. If you delete a project, you lose the list of schemes you had in use, but you do NOT lose the schemes themselves.

Deleting and recreating a project is mostly going to be the best way - I simply take a copy of the schemes it's using before deletion. The more painful bit is components and versions if you want to preserve them.

FWIW, Deleting from the database is a monumental pain in the neck. You have to understand all the relationships and tables affected - jiraissues is a start, but you then need to deal with changegroup and changeitem, customfieldvalue, the workflow tables, and so-on. Then there's the need for downtime, proven backups and reindexing etc. It's FAR more easy to use the UI or scripts.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2012

Yes, it deletes all customisations. You could try the script runner plugin (https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner) which has a built-in script to copy a project with customisations (but without issues).

Like Stephen Crandell likes this
wajdhaikal
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2012

Great answer, Yes I think only components I need to re create them. and re-associate the fields/screens .. to the project.

I wish this is all about I need to do.

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2012

JIRA Command Line Interface has a cloneProject action that will get you most of the way there. In your case, clone project to a temporary, delete old one, then clone temporary to replace the original. You will need to fix up a few things that clone doesn't currently cover. In your case, you will need to use:

--copyVersions --copyComponents --copyRoleActors

Suggest an answer