Burndown chart not displaying ongoing and trend correctly

We are having a little problem with our burndown charts. Even though we have stories listed and assigned story points. The burndown chart (by story points) always displays a horizontal line on the chart for ongoing and trend.

In other installations the moment a story was moved to in progress the ongoing and trend was updated to reflect that. Meaning the thick dotted line was pointing down. Now the graph always correctly shows the number of resolved points and remaining points but in progress stories are handled as if they were not started.

This must be something simple ? Any ideas ?

6 answers

Can you check if the start date for the sprint is mentioned. I had a similar issue and the start date turned out to be the culprit.

I had already thought of that, sadly thats not it...

Taskboard

Chart

sadly we still have this issue ... anybody any idea ?

We have the same issue, any idea?

We have the same issue. I need to understand the ongoing curve in detail. Where is it getting its data?

I just started using GH (yesterday!) and I'm having the same problem. Ensuring that the Sprint and Parent version numbers had start and end dates resolved the issue to a certain extent but now all I get is a dotted line, where I should get the beginning of a solid one (?).

Obviously something I'm doing wrong but would really appreciate some advice.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

77 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you