Avoid Issue Security Scheme changes

Hi,

we need to setup a reserved project so we need to associate to it an issue security scheme that has not to be changed from anyone except for specific users.

Have you any suggestion regarding this topic?

We would like to avoid that users with JIRA Administration Global Permission can change the security scheme of this specific project, or any other way to avoid that these user can change visibility settings.

Thank you in advance

Regards

Arianna Fabbri

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

There's no way to stop the administrators changing things, as that is their job.

Essentially, you have to trust someone to look after your system, and that's what your admins do.  You should have a small team of people that you trust running JIRA.  (And enable the admin logging so you have some trace of what they've been up to)

Hi Nic, thank you for your quick answer. So, if I enable admin logging (from where?) I'll be able to see if someone will change the security scheme? Thank you Arianna

I'm really bad at memorising the admin menus in different JIRA versions. I think it's Admin -> System -> Audit log, but if not, then it's definitely called "Audit" something, so a search in the admin section will definitely find it. It logs a *lot* of admin actions - you'll usually see patterns like "lots of user changes" if you rely heavily on groups, and batches of "project scheme changes" when an admin creates a new project. But a search for "scheme" or "security" should narrow it down lots.

I've checked and unfortunately it logs only events like: "Issue security scheme added to project" "Issue security scheme removed from project" Nothing about changes of a security scheme.

Bother, I thought it was trapping scheme edits too (not the users/groups, but the "add new level" and "change rules for level" type stuff) Sorry.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

111 views 15 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you