Autocomplete-min.js not address by workaround instructions

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Advanced Search for issues Autocomplete doesn't submit suggestion by a click with latest Chrome

This patch workaround didn't work for us... I'm wondering if it's because the AutoComplete-min.js wasn't replaced.

Are the instructions complete?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

The code is supposed to remove

.bind("mousedown", function(e) {
    e.preventDefault();
});

Is that what you have in your file?

Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2016

Actually, the file posted adds the code snippet you included. The diff in the kb article was backwards.

As suspected, the -min file also needs to be updated.

I'm not sure if it's supposed to be created/refreshed automatically and that's not happening. (perhaps deleting -min would cause it to be recreated).

But I manually updated the -min file to apply the same change as on the full file and after JIRA restart, the issue is fixed correctly.

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

Whoops! I stand corrected. Lol. Read it the wrong way.

Atlassian Admin _Zynga_ December 7, 2016

Hi Peter/Timothy,

I tried the workaround from the KB and it didn't work. Could you please let me know how to fix it?

Thanks.

2 votes
Peter-Dave Sheehan
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2016

The patch/workaround is incomplete.

The AutoComplete.js file provided doesn't fully address the issue.

Another file needs to be updated/replaced. The AutComplete-min.js

You can do that by:

1. Shutdown JIRA
  2. Copy existing $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/includes/jira/autocomplete/AutoComplete-min.js to AutoComplete-min.js.original

3. Edit $JIRA_INSTALL/atlassian-jira/includes/jira/autocomplete/AutoComplete-min.js and perform the following search and replace function:
    Search for:

.bind("click",eventData,complete)

Replace with

.bind("click",eventData,complete).bind("mousedown",function(e){e.preventDefault()})
    Save the file
  4. Start JIRA

This will apply the same changes that are present in the AutoComplete.js file.

Deepali Bagul March 16, 2017

Thanks @Peter-Dave Sheehan - This has help us resolve the issue. Thankyou so much you saved my day smile

Suggest an answer