Auto response email sent to non-JIRA users and automatically add other users for notification based on text match in subject

Helen Feng June 24, 2014

Hello,

I'd like to be able to set up JIRA in a service desk style, and the flow would be:

1. User (usually contains other cc'd people) emails support group email distribution (this can be a JIRA or a non-JIRA user)
  2. JIRA ticket gets auto created
  3. If subject contains the "application name", then auto assign it to a specified user.
  4. Auto generate notification email to all related parties (original sender, cc, assignee)

I tried to set a default user in the JIRA mail handler to watch different folders set up to contain emails only related to that application, but that only works if the report is a non-JIRA user.

I also tried JETI but it doesn't let me add the assignee according to application name from the JQL.

I heard about the plugin Notification Assistant, which can fire notifications according to the application and even to non-JIRA users, but it's missing the feature that JETI has, which is to save all the emails into a custom field and send the email to everyone.

Is there a simpler solution instead of getting both plugins?

1 answer

0 votes
Becky Rotoloni October 4, 2014

Hi, have you continued to use JETI? If so, can you tell me if it successfully sends emails to everyone in the custom field for auto-replies? I am trying to get auto-replies to comments sent to all of the users in the custom field, JETI is only sending the auto-reply to the sender of the email. I don't know if this is just how it works or if I have my setup wrong. Thanks.

Suggest an answer