Auto-Transition for multi workflows

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

We have a project with 4 workflows (one for each issue type). The project would like the parent issue to auto-transition to s specific status on the creation of the subtask. The problem is, the subtask my come from anyone of the 4 workflows. Using the JIRA Tool Kit plugin, is it possible to define multiple listeners against a single project? The parent issues each have their own Issue Type, but there is only one subtask type for all four Issue Types.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I would appreciate any advice.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2013

Hi Jeanne, I think it's possible and easy too. There's a post function you can add to a transition in every workflow, the problem is that I don't remember if it's part of any plugin or it's from jira originaly. Can you check if you have the Transition parent issue post function?

With that you can add in any transition of the 4 workflows that post function and will make auto-transition the parent issue.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

I think it's part of JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions plugin. It's free and very useful. Check here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.innovalog.jmwe.jira-misc-workflow-extensions

JT
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2013

Doh! Sometimes it is the most obvious solution that escapes view.

Thank you Ramiro.

Suggest an answer