Atlassian Support should not require "affects version" for Cloud users

Perry Stoll November 20, 2015

I just submitted a support ticket for Atlasssian (to enable the usage statistics plugin).I happen to be a Cloud user (both JIRA and Confluence). The support page asked me for an "Affects Version". I'm reporting an issue for the Cloud - you know my "current version" and I don't (off hand).

So throwing on a product hat for a second...how about:

As an Atlasssian customer who may have both on-perm and cloud instances who is submitting a support request, I'd like to just specify my cloud instance instead of "Affects Version" so my support request experience is smooth and easy. 

Sample UX for that section:

( ) - Affects Version for self-hosted customers

( ) - Instance for Cloud customers (and list of cloud instances associated with this user)

( ) foo.atlassian.com

( ) bar.atlassian.com

Thanks, 

Perry

1 answer

0 votes
Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2015

Hi @Perry Stoll,

I'm the Product Manager for support.atlassian.com - thanks for your feedback!

To submit support tickets about your cloud instance, the best choice is to select the "Cloud" option from the home page, instead of a specific product category.  Selecting "Cloud" when lodging a ticket presents you with a different submission form which, for example, does not require you to set a version (since we know the version you're on!) and lets you type in the URL of your cloud instance to validate your support entitlement.

If the email address you are using to log in to support.atlassian.com is the same email address associated with the billing or technical contact of your Atlassian license, you should see your list of cloud instances available for you to choose from to the right of the field that accepts the instance URL.

If any of this isn't working for you, please let me know! (my email address is jclark@youknowwhere.com)

Kind regards,

Joe Clark
Atlassian 

Perry Stoll November 20, 2015

Ok, it's good to hear there is a more natural path for this. I guess the fact that I was submitting an ask for my Confluence product (which happens to be cloud) lead me to use the "Confluence" product support. Not sure how to make that decision point more obvious for users but it might be worth figuring that out. Thanks for the response! Perry

Joe Clark
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 20, 2015

I agree that it can be hard to make that distinction! It also sucks a little bit for our support engineers because they have to move the ticket between projects when it gets filed in the wrong place. We have some plans in the works to help the site itself guide you to submitting the ticket in the right place - hopefully we'll have something to show for it next year!

Suggest an answer