Atlassian Licenses Transfer to another company

We are in the process of acquiring a company. It has good number of Atlassian licenses but with no maintainence. Is it possible to move the licenses to our company? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 vote
Eric Snyder Atlassian Team Nov 18, 2013

Hi Ravi,

In the case of a merger or acquisition, you are granted the right to transfer software licenses to another company per section 14 of the [Atlassian End User Agreement](

End User may not assign this Agreement without the prior written consent of Atlassian (which consent will not be unreasonably withheld), provided that the assignee agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement. Atlassian may assign its rights and obligations under this Agreement in whole or in part without consent of End User. Any permitted assignee shall be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.

As Nic mentione, if you reach out to our customer advocate team we can assist with the transfer of licenses. We'll be able to provide a Consent to Assign form to begin the process.

We look forward to hearing form you.

Eric Snyder

0 vote

It would be easiest to contact sales-at-atlassian-dot-com to get this sorted out.

I'd start by making sure you have access to both companies my.atlassian accounts (be added as the billing or technical person on the licences), but then contact Atlassian for more.

Thanks for the quick response. I will ask my team to get in touch with you.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

158 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot