Add component(s) to all projects

Hello All,

We have a couple of components that need to be added to every project in our JIRA instance (we're on JIRA Cloud). Is there a way to bulk add these somehow?

I have found this KB: and option 2 seems to be what I need, but nowhere does it state that this route will add that issue to all projects. 

Thank you,

1 answer

0 vote

To ge the method you've found to work, you will need to repeat the contents of the import file for every project you have (plus repeat deleting the loading issues)

You might be able to do this with the ScriptRunner add-on for Cloud, but I would actually start with some external scripting or coding.  Write something on your computer that can use REST to read the current list of projects and add the components to each of them.

However, I'd also think carefully before doing this.  Components are project specific.  If you add the "same" component to all projects, they're still separate components.  If, for example you have "penguins" in five projects and you search and push the result through a gadget displaying "component", you will get five separate lines, one for each penguin.

So, no UI way to do this? :) I'm not a programmer, just the admin.

No, there's no way to do it in the UI,

This is because it's mostly useless - people generally don't want swathes of "global" components that are not actually global.  (We do want proper global components, but adding the differnet components to projects with the same name is not a global component)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

178 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot