Account deletion

Deleted user January 15, 2019

When I try to delete my account, I get this message. I really am wasting a lot of time here and I feel like I am getting scammed. I was looking for contract work, not more software bills.

You can't delete your account

Your account can't be deleted because:

• This account is the primary billing contact for one or more products.
  • This account is a technical contact for one or more products.

2 answers

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2019

Vince,

If you're having any trouble with Nic's instructions, I would recommend reaching out to our Customer Advocates team. They'll be able to help you in order to get you off of the account and delete your account.

Regards,

Shannon

Deleted user January 21, 2019

All I get by clicking that link is more options to get support from articles.

I, again, do not see anything that says "Customer Advocates Team."

We must be looking at different webpages.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2019

Hi there,

Same website! You just want to go to Contact Support, and select the topic it's about, and it automatically goes to the Customer Advocates:

Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 9.59.55 AM.png

However, as your account now appears to be deleted, I would assume you were able to do it successfully?

Regards,

Shannon

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

You have signed up for, or been nominated as the owner of one or more accounts.

Go to your "my.atlassian.com" account and see what you are named for.  You will either have to shut down the systems you own, or transfer them to someone more appropriate.

Deleted user January 15, 2019

Nothing you wrote here makes any sense to me. I just now signed up. I don't remember "being named for" something or whatever.

Please, someone just tell me how to get out of this time-wasting, frustrating mess!!!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 15, 2019

Right, so accepts that you signed up for a system, accepting the terms and conditions, which include having contact details for it.

You will need to cancel that, from your my.atlassian.com login, and then you will be able to shut down your account.

Could you explain where you are stuck on this?  "Nothing makes any sense" does not help us understand what you are not grasping.

Knight_Brienne February 23, 2020

The problem is that it can't simply get cancelled. The request to cancel is pending. Mine is for weeks now. I don't get why if you just use a free trial, you should be able to opt out immediately and there also should be no need to use billing data ever. The system should recognize if you cancel before the free trial period is over and let you out of this immediately.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
February 25, 2020

Hi @Knight_Brienne,

Welcome to Community, and thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your request should definitely not be pending for weeks. If you're having trouble getting a response, I recommend that you reach us by phone at one of the numbers on the bottom of our Contact Us page.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that!

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events