2 assignees for one component/ tab in create issue ?

Alexander Gehlen March 21, 2013

Hi everyone,

I want to use JIRA to coordinate translations. In every country we have 2 editors.

In the ''create issue'' form you can choose a country and the relevenat 2 editors for every affected country should receive that certain task.

How is that possible? I tried with components, but they can only have 1 assignee or project-leader.

Thank you very much for every answer

Alex

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Have you tried countries as components? That would be the easiest thing to do! You can have two components and one owner for each.

The only other option is to write some code/script to change assignee based on the selected custom field option. You can either have a workflow post function or listener do the job.

Alexander Gehlen March 21, 2013

Thank you for your answer.

I tried the countries as components,but then I need two components for each country , like France1 and France2.

I thought there is an easier solution where I select one country, and 2 people get the task.

2 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2013

Hi Alexander,

an issue can only have one assignee. If you want your two editors to be informed of a new issue, you can create a filter like "project = <projectname> and component = <componentname> and created =-15m".

Save this filter, share it with your editors and let them subscribe to your filter: daily, interval: every 15 minutes.

So, 15 minutes after creation at the latest, both of your editors get the information about new issues.

It's not exactly what you wanted, but maybe this helps.

Cheers

Thomas

Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2013

Cool idea...!

1 vote
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2013

Since there can only be one assignee you can do following workarounds.

1. set up your notification scheme to inform the two editors (send notifaction to customfield) when a new issue is created or assigned or on other events. So the two editors become notified and can work on the issue even if they are not the assignee.

2. set up dummy users with an email of a mailgroup for both editors and assign the issue to this dummy user.

Maybe that helps.

Suggest an answer