Does Confluence support tree node tables?

xinmiao xiao September 20, 2018

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 21, 2018

Hi, Xinmiao.

I would suggest you to check on this question that was asked before - Nested tables in Confluence.

The workaround that you would be interested to check on will be from Denise Kramer:

Place your cursor in the table and select {} Markup from the Insert More Content menu. Ensure Confluence Wiki is selected from the Insert drop-down. Then, type  ||col into the Insert text box. You'll a table column in the Preview pane. Click the Insert button. A one column, one row table will be placed within the table. You can then add columns and rows as you normally would.

Let me know how that works for you.

xinmiao xiao September 23, 2018

@AhmadDanial

I am convinced that this answer is not the same question that I asked. I can't achieve the desired effect in this way.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Nested-tables-in-Confluence/qaq-p/695151

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 24, 2018

Hi there, Xinmiao.

Perhaps you might want to consider the usage of expand macro within the table column itself? For example:

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 09.07.16.png

After clicking on the Click here to expand... you will get something that looks like this.

Screen Shot 2018-09-25 at 09.06.29.png

Note: You can rename the Click here to expand...

Can you please let me know if this works for you?

xinmiao xiao October 9, 2018

I am very sorry, I replied to your post so late. What you said is still not the effect I described. In fact, the effect I want is that the child node and the parent node have the same column. For barcode, the included columns are: 类型,必须,示例值,描述, for images, I want to have the same column, also contains:类型,必须,示例值,描述

1.png

xinmiao xiao October 9, 2018

The effect of the following image looks strange, and the editing operation is very complicated. Can you add a property to a column of the table (similar to treenode)?

2.png

AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
October 9, 2018

Hello, Xinmiao.

No worries on that. Happy to hear from you again. The default table macro does not have the feature to utilize the treenode functionality you mentioned. 

Perhaps the Advanced Tables for Confluence (specifically Table Plus macro) might have the functionality to further customize the column / row to your preference. I'd suggest you to check it out to see if that suits your need.

xinmiao xiao November 7, 2018

hello,Ahmad Dania

I looked at all the samples shown in the Advanced Tables for Confluence document. I didn't find a simple sample available, but I'm sure that if the confluence table can increase this requirement, it should be a good selling point. Unfortunately, I don't understand the development of confluence. ^^

Thank you very much for your patience and timely response, although no good solution has been found yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events