opsgenie x jira integration

Deleted user June 16, 2021

I'm trying to create an integration where an alert created in opsgenie through an integration with solarwinds creates an incident automatically in jira. However, the alert is being opened but the incident in the jira is not

1 answer

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

This Community article might help with troubleshooting why your Opsgenie alerts are not creating Jira issues: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-articles/Opsgenie-Alerts-Not-Creating-Jira-Jira-Service-Management-Issues/ba-p/1563628

Let us know whether or not that helps! 

Good morning Nick!
I performed the procedure but it didn't work, I use the OEC obligatorily because we have the jira data center, on the contrary, it works from jira to opsgenie. But from opsgenie to jira it won't

Capturar2.PNG

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2021

If your Jira DC instance has access to the internet, OEC probably is not needed.

Otherwise, you will need to install the OEC service on a server. OEC will sit in the middle of Opsgenie >> Jira, which will then execute a script to create Jira issues from Opsgenie alerts.

Typically we see most customers installing this on the Jira server: https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-jira/#Integration-via-OEC--for-Jira-Software-Server--amp--Data-Center-Usage-

by the logs it seems it is sent to the jira but the opening of the incident itself is not performedCapturar3.PNG

this OEC configuration is done tb, there is a server with it already installed

@Nick H 

be able to perform the opening here, now I would only need to set it as a condition so that only P1 and p2 is opened because now it is opening all alerts

Nick H
Atlassian Team
June 17, 2021

Hi @[deleted] ,

If you only need P1 or P2 Opsgenie alerts to create issues in Jira, then you can edit the filter of the integration here - in the For other Opsgenie alerts: section:

jcomm1.jpg

Like Deleted user likes this
Deleted user June 17, 2021

Tank you @Nick H 

Deleted user June 17, 2021

@Nick H  how can i get the value that opsgenie sent priority to the python file from oec?

Deleted user June 18, 2021

@Nick H a doubt I can automatically open in jira, but when answering the incident it does not update the alert, today in jira we have as a default open all incidents with low priority and updated times, in this case use automation to update the priority however it does not return to opsgenie nor create the incident on opsgenie.

How can i get the value that opsgenie sent priority to the python file from oec?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events