What the heck is OPSGENIE!? (And how has it improved your business?)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2019

A Blunt Zircon In The Really Rough 💎😦

Here's a fun way for some people to score some gamification points on Community! This month the live action movie Aladdin has been released and coincidentally the Community theme is OpsGenie! (Check it out here: Opsgenie Challenge badge now live!)

I won’t be making it to the live action movie due to priorities – sadly my interaction with OpsGenie is also zilch… as we don’t use it! Our company is too small and doesn’t have enough incidents being reported to warrant it’s use. We are less “Diamond in the Rough” and more “Blunt Zircon In The Really Rough” 😉

gen_01.gif

What Is OpsGenie To You!? 🙄🛠

But are we mistaken? Once again I’ll be diving into the OpsGenie Status Page webinar tomorrow (check it our here: Introduction to Opsgenie and Statuspage) and reviewing the value added functionalities OpsGenie can provide. However I wanted a bit more of a user experience viewpoint therefore I decided to reach out to the Community and have some questions for you:

1. Do you use OpsGenie?
  2. How is it improving your work-life day-to-day?
  3. How has its introduction positively impacted your strategic/tactical management?
  4. What is the size of your Atlassian User base? How many people are using Atlassian tools vs. OpsGenie on a daily basis?

I look forward to your knowledge share!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 12, 2019

Hi Andy,

I don't use OpsGenie either, but I learned a lot from the Cprime webinar about it, especially the explanation of a scenario that could have gone better if OpsGenie had been used. That kind of walk-through was valuable because it covered a real-life situation. 

https://www.cprime.com/resource/webinars/atlassian-based-devops-command-center-adding-opsgenie-to-the-powerful-mix/

I'll check out the Atlassian webinar too to see what else it covers (and can't forget StatusPage!)

Carolyn

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2019

Ooh... that is excellent Carolyn. Great knowledge share. Thank you kindly.
Any real-life walk-throughs are so valuable!

Yes, indeed! Do not forget Status Page. Kate did a great demo on it during the webinar.

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

I can't recall if Opsgenie was part of our Virtual Summit experience, I will need to find the link to log back in. I bet they have some great one-pagers in the marketplace expo :)

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

That's a great idea! Coincidentally I was in the VSE just two days ago looking for an article I'd saved in my briefcase. #Nerd! 🤓
I'm so glad it's still live and available. 🥇👍🤩

Like Jodi LeBlanc likes this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

Love it! Yes I sure hope they keep it open throughout the year, at least until next summit :)

Like Andy - PTC Redundant likes this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

Yes, met too... or they keep the same environment, improve on it, and that way keep our Top 3 Badge-hunters results as a part of legacy 🙄🤪

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

I love that idea! Next year we will be able to get the 6 real life sew-on badges if they still have a badge bar in 2020. Knowing us we will go to the live summit and then login to the virtual experience at the same time to get all the virtual badges too lol 

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

YES!
I vote for a "Virtual Summit Experience" space where we can all log in and experience the summit virtually whilst we are at the summit PHYSICALLY! LOL

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2019

Omg that’s priceless! 😝 😂 

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 15, 2019

Thanks @carolyn french for the link to that webinar.
Superb!

Like carolyn french likes this
carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2019

You're welcome! @Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_ 

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 17, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant  and @Jodi LeBlanc - it is ambitious to expect to complete in-person Summit challenges, virtual Summit challenges, and experience Summit all at the same time!

I found my first summit so action packed I was experiencing community login withdrawals. I did not log into community for multiple days in a row. That almost never happens normally.

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2019

Oh yes indeed @Kat Warner ! Fully believe you 100%. I've been to many conferences / summits where I still had to find time for a high prio conf call with the team back at the office, or have to log in to the work intranet to update important governance.
It's so challenging.

I am not surprised by the login with drawals!

Summit is FULL ON! 

Out of interest, how long was your journey home?? Direct flights from Vegas? Or via LAX?

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2019

Great point @Kat Warner I am sure it would be tough to juggle everything and we would want to take in the whole real-life experience - but I love badges so it will be tough to not want to try for a few at least lol :)

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
June 19, 2019

@Andy - PTC Redundant via LAX. The way there was 26 hours between the first airport and getting to the hotel room.

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 20, 2019

Wow @Kat Warner ! That makes you a legend 🤩👍  You need a special Community Badge: "Summit Traveler!" ;)

Kat Warner
Marketplace Partner
June 20, 2019

If I recall correctly there were 6 people who travelled from NZ and a few others who had long trips as well.

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2019

Oh my! You two could take a rest stop in PEI and we could travel the rest of the leg together :)

Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2019

@Jodi LeBlanc : or....

Atlassian just moves Summit to PEI. #PerfectSolution 

🤩🥇👏

Like # people like this
Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2019

Now that is a fantastic idea @Andy - PTC Redundant - maybe a Trello Day as a compromise to moving the whole Summit :)

Like # people like this
Andy - PTC Redundant
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 24, 2019

Absolutely @Jodi LeBlanc ! Goes without saying  😍 👍

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 25, 2019

Trello Day in PEI- yeeees! 🏆

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events