Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tickets created from Opsgenie to Jira

Leo November 28, 2019

Hi,
I have created an integration that every time an Opsgenie alert is created and incident ticket is created in certain project in Jira. I was thinking if it's possible to set some rules so the Incident Ticket is created with default information, like a template in the description, an specific label, some links already attached to the jira issue and that the person On Call in Opsgenie gets automatically assign to the Jira issue. Is all of this possible?

I was looking into Opsgenie's integration configuration but I did not find this options. I thought about automation in the Jira project but our project does not have this option. So now I'm kind of lost on what to do with this Incident tickets.

I hoep you can help me further with this, thank you in advance.

1 answer

0 votes
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 9, 2019

Hi @Leo ! 

Most of these customized workflows shoudl be possible if you setup the integration with Jira using OEC (integrating with OEC is required for server, but can also be used with Jira cloud for customizations like this).

When setting up the integration with Jira using OEC, this makes it so actions are passed from Opsgenie to OEC, and then OEC executes a script to create/update the issue in Jira. You could modify that script however you want to add extra fields, labels, etc to the issue. You could modify the script to make an additional api call to Opsgenie to see who is on call in a particular schedule, and pass that info to the Jira issue as well. Basically you can modify the script to make any additional api calls to Opsgenie or Jira, which allows you to customize a lot of these fields/mappings.

Currently, that would be the only way to customize these sorts of workflows. We do have some improvements to the Opsgenie-Jira integration on the roadmap, so some of those idea should be available in the future!

If you have more questions on how to setup the integration with Jira using OEC, feel free to reach out to our support team via chat (blue bubble in bottom right of screen when logged into Opsgenie), or create a ticket at https://getsupport.atlassian.com/

Hope this helps!

-Samir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events