Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsGenie to JSM [addComment] and [resolveIssue] Actions Failing without Error

Nean Hawe December 14, 2021

Setting up an integration between our JSM instance and our separate (pre-existing) OpsGenie instance. JSM can open and Close Alerts in OpsGenie, but the OpsGenie integration back to Jira does not seem to be working.

I am using my email address as the username and an API token instead of a password. When I first set it up I was using my password and getting 401 errors in the activity log on the alert, but after switching from password to API token it is not giving any error, just failing to actually add comments or resolve the incidents. The Jira API Token management screen also shows that the token has never been accessed. I have revoked and tried a new token with the same results. Checked the debug logs and I'm not seeing any debugs, errors or warnings.

I have tried this with the Alerts and On-Call JSM Features both on and off in Jira, I've deleted the integration both in OpsGenie's team integrations and Jira's Webhooks page and rebuilt them. 

Screenshot 2021-12-14 125649.pngScreenshot 2021-12-14 125808.pngScreenshot 2021-12-14 130005.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Nean Hawe ,

Although the activity log says those actions are being sent from Opsgenie to JSM, I don't believe they are due to this configuration in your integration:

jsmcomm11.jpg

OEC is used mostly for on-prem instances. Based on your Atlassian site URL it looks like you are cloud so most likely do not need this enabled: 

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/#Integration-via-OEC--for-On-Premise-Jira-Service-Management-Usage-

Can you uncheck that, save the integration, and retest with a new alert? You may also want to reenter the API token into the password field before saving too. 

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 14, 2021
Nean Hawe December 14, 2021

Lol. That did it. Can't believe I missed that. Thanks!

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events