My outing rules are not working from opsgenie-- If I ackw alert in opsgenie it is not adding comment

anees May 30, 2022

I am on JSM cloud and have Opsgenie installed in it.

I am currently exploring Opsgenie. I have performed integration between Opsgenie and JSM,

when i add comment in JSM ticket, it is getting added to Opsgenie alert.

But when i ackw alert is Opsgenie it should ideally add comment in JSM ticket stating "so and so user ackw alert" which is not happening.

do I need any further settings from JSM  side as well?

3 answers

0 votes
anees May 31, 2022

Sure Nick. Thanks you for your response.

0 votes
anees May 30, 2022

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your immediate response on this. 

This other Community article  whatever configurations are shown in this article I don't see them in my JSM,(may be because I am on new JSM framework).

Secondly I have updated point 2 which you have highlighted. but my question is " is point 2 mandatory action to do"? if we uncheck below option then I don't need to do point 2 and point 3 right. Please confirm the same

Create and update requests with Opsgenie alerts that are created by other integrations
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

I think it's all dependent on your workflow. The integration can send updates to JSM issues for two different use cases; for alerts created by JSM issues, and for alerts that were created by other integrations / create JSM issues. 

1 - If your JSM issues are creating Opsgenie alerts, then the Outgoing automation rules section manages the actions taken on the alerts that will reflect back in JSM:

ack4.jpg

2 - If your Opsgenie alerts are creating JSM issues, then you need to manage the actions taken on alerts that reflect in the JSM issues here under the Create and update requests with Opsgenie alerts that are created by other integrations section:

ack 5.jpgack3.jpg

0 votes
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 30, 2022

Hi @anees ,

This other Community article may help with your issue. Although it's related to issues not being created, it's still relevant to comments not being added back to an issue.

If you are using the older JSM framework, you can manage the actions being sent to JSM here:

ack1.jpg

If you are using the new JSM framework, you can manage those actions here:

ack2.jpgack3.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events