Is anyone using Jira SD with OpsGenie?

Rob February 20, 2019

We are trying to setup the integration so once an alert is acknowledged in OpsGenie by a Tech then Jira SD will assign that Tech to the service request.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2019

Hi Rob!

This could be possible by configuring the Jira Service Desk integration via Marid.

With marid, the flow will be Opsgenie -> Marid -> JSD. That way, you can edit the script in marid to be able to assign issues to the respective "Tech" in JSD via Jira API when marid receives the acknowledged action from Opsgenie.

Our default Jira Service Desk integration does not map acknowledged -> assign user, but when you select the option to send via Marid, you can really achieve any sort of custom mapping you want, as long as it's possible to achieve via Jira API. Hope this helps!

-Samir

Rob March 6, 2019

Samir...thank you. I am working with our IT team to see if Marid is an option. Do you know if there are any plans to integrate further with OpsGenie so that this mapping can be accomplish without introducing Marid? Thank you in advance for your help

Samir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2019

Hi Rob - yes, we do have some feature requests to be able to map more actions between Opsgenie and JSD by default. So hopefully in the future some of these will be implemented so this flow of acknowledgment -> assign issue can be achieved in the integration settings itself without marid.

Like Chris Haworth likes this
Rob March 6, 2019

Samir..thank you for your reply. Is there also a request in for putting links in OpsGenie alerts that will allow the tech to access the ticket after selecting the link opening either Jira SD or mobile app?

Samir
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2019

Rob - this is already possible by adding the url of your Jira instance into the fields in the integration and concatenate the issue key field. Here is a screenshot indicating how to do so. In my example, the jira url is https://samirdemo.atlassian.net/browse/ and then I'm just adding the issue key field to the end of it. So each time an alert is created in Opsgenie from a Jira alert, it will add the link to the ticket for example https://samirdemo.atlassian.net/browse/ISD-70 (where ISD-70 is the issue key that is added to the end of that url to create the link)Opsgenie_-_Integrations.png

Like # people like this
Rob March 6, 2019

I will have to try this...thank you

Rob March 6, 2019

Just tested and it works perfectly! Thank you for your help on this 

Samir
Atlassian Team
March 6, 2019

Great to hear! No problem.

Ali Khalid March 29, 2019

We are using JSD -> Opsgenie -> JiraOps.

Short answer (for ppl looking to see if this Opsgenie is the right tool for them) - I would NOT recommend using Opsgenie, maybe in a few years but in its current form the product is not mature for Production use and the support from Opsgenie is nonexistent. 

Issues:

Priority Structure: Opsgenie has a priority structure that is different from Jira and the mapping doesn't work. If you are looking at Opsgenie because you are heavy jira user, consider another solution.

Integration - The way the integration works right now is that you can only alert to one team. We have multiple teams supporting various components, we had to hack the solution to get it to work. The integration is not ready for production use.

Support - No support available, the documentation is incorrect. You are essentially on your own.

Like Jaron_Dalton likes this
Monique vdB
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
March 29, 2019

Hi @Ali Khalidthanks for your feedback.  I want to clarify for users that support for Opsgenie is available; on this very thread you can see a member of our team helping a user, and I see you also have a ticket open with the support team who are also working with you.  So saying there is "no support available" is factually incorrect. 

That being said, if you see errors in the documentation, please do let us know so we can correct them.

Rob March 29, 2019

Just to chime in here...the support I have received to date has been excellent and I have been working in customer support since the 80s. I would agree that the integration between OG and Jira SD is not yet fully mature....but I believe the only way they get there is by providing good detail driven feedback that will allow them to make the needed changes required to reach that maturity. My $.02

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Oliver Moore May 28, 2020

Hi,

Any update on 

we do have some feature requests to be able to map more actions between Opsgenie and JSD by default. So hopefully in the future some of these will be implemented so this flow of acknowledgment -> assign issue can be achieved in the integration settings itself without marid.

It doesn't seem possible to do some basic things like automatically assign the OpsGenie responder to the JSD Incident that triggered the alert

Regards,

Oliver

Chris Haworth November 5, 2020

Been using Opsgenie for a few months, and in the process of implementing JSD.. can say it would be extremely helpful to automatically assign the OpsGenie responder to the JSD Incident that triggered the alert.

0 votes
Oliver Lloyd March 29, 2019

The support I’ve had with OpsGenie is brilliant!

Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
June 9, 2019

Me too!

Like Kate Clavet likes this
Miroslav Preradovic August 15, 2019

Me too!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events