Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I stop Opsgenie from putting my phone (OnePlus - Android) on DND?

Katherine Navarrete June 2, 2022

Opsgenie keeps putting my phone on DND, causing me to miss phone calls/text messages. 

I do see a few existing help articles from people with similar problems (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Opsgenie-Android-app-leaving-Do-Not-Disturb-on-constantly/qaq-p/1344089 and https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Opsgenie-questions/Why-is-Opsgenie-touching-my-Do-Not-Distrub-setting-Please-Stop/qaq-p/1651026). Both articles give slightly different suggestions on changing phone settings (in Settings -> Notifications -> Opsgenie), but my phone doesn't offer the precise settings options mentioned in those articles.

I am using a OnePlus Nord N100 running android version 11.

2 answers

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 24, 2023
0 votes
Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 6, 2022

Hi Katherine,

You should be able to control this within the android settings. For example on my pixel 5a this is controlled in the following settings space:

Screenshot_20220603-115117.png

Your phone might differ a little from this, but it should be controlled in the settings.  Alternatively, you can uninstall and reinstall the app. When you first open the app it will ask for the DND permission and you can elect to deny it. 

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Katherine Navarrete June 6, 2022

Thank you for your quick response! I don't believe this resolves my issue, however. I believe granting Opsgenie DND access allows the app to override DND mode - i.e. it allows me to receive Opsgenie notifications even when my phone is in DND mode. I do want this, so I don't believe this is the setting that I need to change.

What I don't want is for Opsgenie to put my phone in DND mode unexpectedly.

Chris DeGidio
Atlassian Team
June 6, 2022

Hi @Katherine Navarrete I feel it might be best for you to submit a support ticket to our team at support.atlassian.com. Along with that if you could provide a screen share from your android device showing replication of the issue. Once we have this we can work to replicate this in our android environments. Please also include whether you are using scheduled dnd. 

Thanks so much 

Katherine Navarrete June 6, 2022

Will do - thank you!

thomas.murphy August 12, 2022

has there been a resolution to this?  I'm having the same issue

Muhammad Zeeshan
Atlassian Team
August 15, 2022

Hey @thomas.murphy we never seemed to receive the support ticket and the screenshare in order to proceed with the investigation and report a Bug. If you are facing the same issue please feel free to do so and we will be happy to proceed.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events