Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Opsgenie Android app leaving Do Not Disturb on constantly?

Hi,

Since installing the Opsgenie app (and granting the permission to override Do Not Disturb, when prompted), I'm finding my phone is constantly in DND mode - overriding my normal schedule. 

A colleague sees the same on their phone, but other colleagues on a different Opsgenie account/schedule don't recognise the problem.

I have had 2-3 alerts trigger, but I'm not on call at the moment and there are no longer any active alerts.

As it stands, I'd have to stop the app from overriding DND, which would risk missing alerts overnight.

Is this a known problem? Are there any setting controlling how Opsgenie overrides DND which I have configured incorrectly?

Android > Settings > DND :
On/Opsgenie
Turn on automatically: 1 rule: (set to nighttime hours)
"Do Not Disturb was automatically turned on by an app (Opsgenie)"

Opsgenie vesion 3.3.4
Android version 9
Moto G8 Plus

Thanks in advance for your advice!
Tim Page
Technical Director
Well Played Games

1 answer

0 votes

Hi Tim,

Thank you for reaching out. This is an issue we've seen before and is due to a limitation with the Android platform. If you are using scheduled DND mode, apps can't see what the schedule is. They can just see whether or not DND is on, so Opsgenie turns off DND mode for the notifications and then turns it back on after. 

We've found that if you're using scheduled DND times, it works better to set the app to override DND on your phone itself instead of within the Opsgenie app. You can do this on your phone under Settings > Notifications > Opsgenie. You'll want to select a notification category and then toggle 'Ignore Do not disturb' at the bottom.

Thanks,

Brennan Kiely

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Opsgenie

New! Investigate and re-deploy stable deployments from the Incident Investigation view in Opsgenie

We’re excited to announce the latest enhancement to Opsgenie’s Incident Investigation view. Now when an incident occurs users can select the previous stable deployment, and begin the redeployment pro...

150 views 0 3
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you