Cannot display the history or the worklog in desc order

Assia Touati April 9, 2020

Hi everyone, 

i'm having a trouble when i'm triying to display the worklog or the history of an issue in Jira Cloud, it is sorted from the oldest to newest. 

I want to display this from the most recent to the oldest. I tried to update the value of  “jira.issue.actions.order” to "desc" but it's not working . 

Do you have any idea to fix this ? is it a bug ? 

Thanks 

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2020

Hi @Assia Touati

On a single issue, this is possible to do:

1. Go to the issue and scroll down to the bottom (where the comments, history, etc are)
  2. Open the worklog or the issue history tab
  3. On the right-hand side (in line with the tabs) is a small arrow. It will either be pointing upwards - ^ - which sorts oldest-to-newest, or downards - v - which sorts newest-to-oldest
  4. Click it to change the order between ASC and DESC

This (and the Advanced Settings) only work on the classic view though - not the new issue view. There are suggestions to improve this you can vote for/follow - such as JRACLOUD-73076 

Ste

Assia Touati April 10, 2020

Thanks for your answer, my team just started to use JIRA, and they are used to the new issue view, don't want to change all my documentation and switch to the classic view. 

I hope that it's gonna be fixed :s , it's realy frustrating. 

i'll vote . 

Thanks 

0 votes
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 9, 2020

Hi @Assia Touati 

As I know it isn't the bug, it is the feature :)

You can try add-on Issue History, and it lets to sort changelog data from newest to older. But in this tool, you need filter issue list by project, assignee, label etc. to find the issue you want.

Or maybe you can try use JQL

Suggest an answer