It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Setup estimated time for Task in next-gen Software project

Hi, I have just made my new project and used the next-gen Software Agile template. Unfortunately, I am not able add/edit estimated time for each Task. Would you know where to direct me..

Thank you Jan 

4 answers

1 vote
Jack Community Leader Oct 05, 2018 • edited

these are not available in nextgen projects. You can see under project settings that estimation is a forthcoming feature. You can provide feedback via the feedback link under your profile. Atlassian is keenly interested in feedback as they are in beta for this template.

ok, thank you for you answer. h.

Seriously? 'Next gen' does not contain these standard very important fields that have been available for a long time in existing projects?

Jack Community Leader Apr 04, 2019

Not yet but give it time. Feel free to provide feedback to Atlassian via the feedback link.

When is this feature expected?  I have created projects as next gen but don't want to have to recreate all in original Jira.   Sounds like I may have to :(     This seems like such a key feature I'm quite surprised it was rolled out without it - or at least informing users as they decide which one to use!

I am actually missing much more.. like where do I show up the "Priority" in backlog table or other attributes.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

New features for next-gen projects in Jira Software Cloud: Releases and Versions

Hi Atlassian Community I work on the Jira Software product team and I am happy to share that we have just added support for releases and version s in next-gen projects for Jira Software Cloud. You...

12,349 views 42 42
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you