It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next-gen project; Can you remove non-working days?

In classic Jira projects we are able to remove non-working days from a Sprint to help more accurately plan velocity. I've looked at the documentation for Next-Gen projects and this doesn't seem to be present. Am I missing it, or is this not implemented yet?

4 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Mason,

Currently, next-gen project does not have "Board settings", so it's not possible to configure the Working days.
Based on your question, I've created a feature request:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17331
Please, click on vote and watch to receive updates about the feature.

Regards,
Angélica

Thank you Angelica.

You are always Mason!
If you have any other question, please count on us.

Regards,
Angélica

What the... why remove features from Next-Gen? Next-Gen should have the same, if not more) features from old Jira. 

@Victor Burgos Next Gen is written from scratch - we can expect that more and more features will be added. Here's the roadmap that might be of help:

https://www.atlassian.com/roadmap/jira-software

Of course we can expect more and more features to be added, after losing some coming from classic. *face palm* sorry. That is just a very weak reply to respond to feature loss... especially for such elemental aspects like working days, where without this feature, burndown charts just become useless. And noone noticed that during rewriting from scratch? Again, sorry for my frank words, but that is a weak statement.

Like # people like this
2 votes

Why has this question been resolved?

It's now been two years. Are you planning to implement this issue?

Actually, I think that JSWCLOUD-17666 better represents the original poster's request. The other "board settings" features from classic Jira are nice, but without non-working days, the burn-up report misrepresents the data presented.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-17666

1 vote
jeremie I'm New Here Jul 29, 2020

Hello, I was looking to hide weekend from my next-gen Roadmap today as well. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

Keyboard shortcuts have arrived for next-gen projects!

...ollected feedback from users around the lack of shortcuts, and we’re here to address that: In next-gen projects, I miss the keyboard shortcuts badly. This is particularly true on the Board, but also i...

233 views 2 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you