It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Next Gen link with Tempo accounts

I am trying to work out how to add the fields I need for tempo into the issues in a next gen board.  I can see I can add text fields/ drop downs etc but how do I get them to link to tempo for our time tracking and reporting

In classic the Account field is one I can add in easily.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Deleted user Nov 09, 2018

Hi @Laura Phillips,

I do not think it is possible yet for the custom Tempo fields to be visible. I would select the Feedback button in the Next-Gen project to let Atlassian know about this limitation.

Currently, you have to go into the Next gen project's Settings > Apps > Accounts, add the accounts you want your users to have access to in the project and when time is logged the account will be selectable. You can also select a default account for work-logs to automatically attribute themselves to. 

Hope this helps

Thank you @[deleted] 

It looks like I will need to wait until they have developed this before I can use it then.

Good to know.

Hi @[deleted], I have associated the account to the the project, I set the account as the default account for the project. I does not seem possible to choose the account when logging time.

Screen Shot 2019-01-21 at 14.08.31.png

the same problem....

Hi @Jean-Michel Lavarenne and @Kirik Vitaliy

When an Account has been linked with the project you can add it to the issues in the next-gen projects by bulk editing the issues ( even if the Account will not show in the Issue directly). All worklogs made on this issue will then be linked to this Account.

To have a selection of Accounts ( so you can overwrite the set Account or if no Account is set), you need to create a work attribute of type Account (https://tempo-io.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/THC/pages/172458294/To+configure+accounts+as+work+attributes). 
You have then an additional field in the Log work dialog that allows you to select any of the Accounts that have been linked to the next-gen project

Regards,
Susanne Götz
Tempo team

Like Amanda McGivern likes this

Hi @Susanne Götz

adding Tempo Accounts to Issues via bulk editing the issues is not a very satisfying workaround. Are there any plans to integrate JIRA next-gen projects and Tempo Timesheets in the near future?

Hi @Sebastian Esch ,

We are in contact with Atlassian about this, but I do not yet have any information when ( and if) the option to add third party custom fields will be added to the Next Gen Projects.

Regards,
Susanne

@Susanne Götz   Any updates on this?

Hi @Justin Couto

We still don't have any news regarding this feature.

Best regards,

Flora

Tempo Support

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published in Next-gen

We are reinventing the Sprint burndown for next-gen projects!

Do you have a hard time meeting sprint commitments?  Do you want to know the accuracy of your sprint’s estimations?  Do you want to have an easy way to report your team...

5,982 views 7 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you